Mexican Wedding Cake
A nice wedding cake recipe to try !
* 2 cups all-purpose flour
* 2 teaspoons baking soda
* 1/2 teaspoon salt
* 2 cups white sugar
* 2 eggs
* 1 (20 ounce) can crushed pineapple with juice
* 1 cup white sugar
* 1/2 cup butter
* 1 cup evaporated milk
* 1 cup flaked coconut
* 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* 1/2 cup chopped pecans
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease and flour one 9x13 inch baking pan. Combine the flour, baking soda, salt and 2 cups sugar; set aside.
2. Beat the eggs and add them to the flour mixture. Then stir in the crushed pineapple and juice until just blended. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
3. Bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into cake comes out clean.
4. To Make Frosting: In a medium saucepan bring to a boil the 1 cup white sugar, butter, and evaporated milk. Boil for 2 minutes, watching carefully to be sure it doesn't burn. Stir the mixture frequently while cooking. Remove from the heat and stir in the vanilla, coconut and pecans. Beat until it cools to lukewarm then pour over the cooled cake. The wedding cake recipe is ready....great wedding to come !